Design tip from Shannon Miller-Rice, ASID
Payte Miller Interiors
Payte Miller Interiors is a professional interior design firm, specializing in residential, hospitality and
commercial design. From conception to finish the company’s team delivers signature designs for
restaurants, resorts and boutique hotels, outdoor retreats, lounges and private residences in the
U.S. and abroad.The mission of Payte Miller Interiors is to provide clients with distinctive, functional
and unique environments.
Here are a few ideas for a wall that needs more attention than just a splash of color:
- Add texture: Embossed three-dimensional wall coverings can create drama in a room.
- I like Wall Flats from Inhabit (inhabitliving.com/wall-flats.html) because they are eco-friendly, too.
- You also can decorate a recessed bookcase or shelving unit to add a little zip.
- Provide pattern: Bold patterns on a wall makes a big statement and can add a touch of whimsy to any room.
- Include a touch of the seasons: Install wall covering that reminds you of your favorite time of year.
- Install molding: Create a custom wall headboard for any size bed or break up a wall with painted wood strips.
- Frame it: Frame fabrics that you love or that have special meaning and install them on the wall like artwork.
- Paint it faux: Venetian plaster and antique crackle will add more dimension than a solid color on the wall.
- Make it metallic: Add pizzazz with metallic paint.